Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tasting - Bricco dei Tati Cortese

Name: Bricco dei Tati
Variety: Cortese
Country: Italy

Region: Piemonte
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95 (regular $10)


Wine Critic Review: The Washington Post
Great Value! Treat this terrific little white like a red: Don’t chill it too much, then let it open for a half-hour to develop its enticing tropical fruit flavors. It’s dry, but the fruit gives an appealing illusion of sweetness. Great as an aperitif or with light seafood dishes.

My Review:
This wine was pretty dry, which I'm not a fan of, but it had a great fruity flavor. I smelled a little bit of pear, which I wasn't a fan of. I'm not a big pear person. There was a tiny hint of citrus, but the pear was overpowering. It was a slightly bitter, acidic wine. I probably wouldn't try this one again. 
I tried this without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment