Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Peter Mertes Sweet Red Dornfelder

Name: Peter Mertes
Variety: Sweet Red Dornfelder
Country: Germany

Region: California
Year: 2014
Price: $6.95 (regular $12)


Wine Critic Review:
The trademark German red grape varietal Dornfelder has a lovely purity of soft red berry fruit. Integrated soft tannins combined with forward fruit flavors make for a perfectly balanced everyday sipping wine. Great with grilled red meat, sausage and chicken. Best served slightly chilled.

My Review:
I was extremely surprised that I liked this wine, as I am not usually a fan of reds. This was much sweeter and fruitier than most red wines I've tasted. This wine had a fruity, sweet smell, almost like raspberries. It was a very well-balanced, lighter taste. I really like that the fruity, sweet notes came through not only on the nose, but also on the taste. 
I tasted this without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment