Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tasting - Dona Sol Shiraz, Petite Syrah & Symphony

Name: Dona Sol 
Variety: Shiraz, Petite Syrah, and Symphony
Country: United States

Region: California
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95 


Wine Critic Review:
Shiraz has a unique jammy fruit character that is well represented in the Sweet Red. Both on the nose and on the palate, jammy fruit, like strawberries, cherry pie and red licorice, entices the senses and pair well with cheeses and desserts.

My Review:
This wine was incredibly sweet, which I did not expect from a red. It smelled extremely fruity. I tasted what almost was like a strawberry jelly. It was one of the first wines I have tasted that tasted exactly how you would expect it to from the smell. To me it was almost too sweet. However, it was nice to find a red that wasn't really dry and acidic, and was sweet instead of bitter.
I tasted this without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment