Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tasting - Velvet Crush Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, & Petite Sirah

Name: Velvet Crush
Variety: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah

Country: USA

Region: California
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95 (regular $18)


Wine Critic Review:
Velvety smooth texture just like its name. Soft tannins and lush dark fruit character. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah bring backbone and character, while the Merlot balances out the blend for a soft, smooth texture.

My Review:
This wine smelled strongly of black cherries. It almost smelled like those Hall's black cherry cough drops but without the minty smell. The taste revealed a hint of raspberries, but it was a heavier taste than a light sweet taste. It was however a very smooth wine. I was really surprised, however I didn't really care for it, as I don't like cherries. I wouldn't buy this wine.
I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment