Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Tenuta le Velette Orvieto Classico

Name: Tenuta le Velette
Variety: Orvieto Classico
Country: Italy

Region: Orvieto
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95 (regular $18)


Wine Critic Review: (88 -- i-winereview)
The Berganorio Orvieto is a subtle wine with a bright palate. It shows white flowers on the nose and light citrus notes in the mouth. Its neutral character means it can accompany a wide range of foods. A blend of 30% Trebbiano, 30% Grechetto, 20% Malvasia, 15% Verdello, and 5% Drupeggio. The estate has 103 hectares on the hill opposite the hill town of Orvieto.

My Review:
This wine had a very sweet, fruity smell. I smelled citrus with a hint of berries and peaches. It had a very light, fruity taste, while not overdoing it like many sweet wines I've tasted. This wine almost had a little bit of a sour finish to it. Overall, I really enjoyed it.
I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment