Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Castello Sonnino Chianti Montespertoli

Name: Castello Sonnino
Variety: Chianti Montespertoli
Country: Italy

Region: Chianti
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95 (regular $15)


Wine Critic Review:
A blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano and Malvasia del Chianti. Rich and modern, with a dark, saturated color and aromas of graham cracker and lemon rind. A juicy palate packed with plum and raspberry is carried by a creamy texture that’s rather toasty in terms of flavor. The finish is round, full and chocolaty.

My Review:
This wine smelled highly like alcohol, but also had a woody nose. I really didn't like this wine. It had was a very full-bodied, creamy wine. That was too much for me. It definitely had a slightly fruity taste, you could definitely taste the berries. It was kind of acidic, and I wouldn't drink it again.
I tasted this without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment