Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Bolla Bardolino Magnum

Name: Bolla
Variety: Bardolino Magnum
Country: Italy

Region: Bardolino
Year: 2013
Price: $9.95 (regular $18)


Wine Critic Review:
A blend of 60% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, 10% Molinara this bright ruby red wine has hints of black cherry on the nose.  It is soft and fruit-forward, with black-fruit flavors followed by a bright and fresh finish. Serve it as the Italians do – young and lightly chilled. Pairs perfectly with fleshy fish, beef, lamb, red-sauced pastas and pizza.

My Review:
This wine had an extremely earthy smell. While it had a hint of a darker fruit smell, it also smelled kind of like coffee. This wine had a fruitier taste than I expected. You definitely got a hint of a darker cherry taste. I really didn't care for this wine as it was too dry for me, and reminded me of cough syrup.
I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment