Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting - Codirosso Chianti

Name: Codirosso
Variety: Chianti Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $7.95 (regular $13)

Wine Critic Review: 
Ruby red color with purple reflections. Intense vinous bouquet with hints of violets and dark cherry fruit. The flavor is full of ripe fruit and a hint of spice. It is well balanced and dry. The finish is persistent and satisfying.

My Review:
This wine had a very earthy smell. To me it kind of smelled like trees. It also kind of smelled like medicine. I definitely smelled hints of cherry, and to me it smelled like a mixture of cherry cough syrup and what you would smell in a forest. I think it had a very light flavor, and is actually the first red wine I have tried that I have actually enjoyed. While it was dry, it was still very light, which I think is why I liked it. Most red wines are too heavy for me. 
I tried this wine alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment