Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tasting - Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet


Name: Vina Galana
Variety: Alicante Bouchet
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95 (regular $15)

Wine Critic Review:
"From the rare Alicante Bouchet, one of the few grapes in the world with red flesh this wine has a plush texture carrying flavors of brandied cherry and chocolate ganache in this round red. Light tannins and gentle acidity impart a lovely, balanced structure."

My Review:
I was not a fan of this wine. It had a very earthy smell, woody almost. I think it was extremely dry. I didn't get the chocolate taste, but I did taste a slight hint of cherry. It mostly had a medicinal, herbal, plant-like taste though. I do think it was a little bit acidic but not overwhelmingly so. I don't like dry wines or cherry, so I will probably not be drinking this wine ever again. 
I tried this wine alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment