Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting - Crane Lake Gewürtztraminer

Name:Crane Lake 
Variety: Gewürtztraminer
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Wine Critic Review:
Slightly high-toned notions of rose petal mingle with lemon on nose and palate of this lightly sweet, richly textured yet balanced Gewürtztraminer. This is not as heady as you may expect and will be a treat with spicy Asian dishes. Lychee and rose petal make another very fetching appearance on the finish.

My Review:
This wine smelled like a garden to me. It had all of the aromas you would smell, sweet floral scents mixed with hints of what almost smelled like grass and leaves. This wine had an extremely sweet taste, yet not overwhelmingly so like you would get with a moscato. I don't see it being good with spicy food or Asian food as the critic mentioned, but I could see drinking it with something like fish or chicken. It did have a slight lemon taste, which helped to cut the sweetness a little bit, but it definitely had that sweet taste that went along with the floral scents of it. I think this is a wine I will definitely try again.
I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment