Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tasting - Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre Rose


Name: Dom Michel Thomas
Variety: Sancerre Rose 
Region: Loire 
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95 (regular $32)

Wine Critic Review (Stephen Tanzer): Score 90
"Bright orange-pink. Lively, mineral-tinged aromas of fresh red berries, orange peel and honeysuckle, with a hint of anise building in the glass. Dry and nervy in the mouth, offering vibrant strawberry and orange pith flavors and a suggestion of rose pastille. The floral element comes back on the finish, which lingers with very good spicy persistence."

My Review:
I could definitely smell the fruity scent described. To me it smelled like raspberries with a hint of peach. It was a very dry wine, while still having that crisp fruity flavor. This surprised me because most really fruity wines I have tried had a much sweeter taste. It was nice to find a wine that is still crisp and fruity while not being overwhelmingly sweet!
I tried this wine alone without food.





No comments:

Post a Comment